With smartphones being an important tool for many business people I often get asked which is the best. In the last year the market has literally exploded with many different options from RIM, Microsoft, Apple and Google. Each solution has their own pros and cons, however many of you will know that at PCM we continue to standardize on the BlackBerry devices.
With all the new gadgets being marketed all around us, it’s tempting to be lured into purchasing one with the flashiest ads or low purchase price. Recently I sat down and made a list of some of my favourite features which confirmed that the BlackBerry device is still the preferred choice for me.
Unique Blackberry features
- Automatic sound profiles - In holster silent vs. Out of holster normal
- LED new message notification - Even when screen is off I can tell there is a new message
- BBM - only instant message solution that allows sender to see delivered and read status
- Speed-dial - press H to dial home, O to dial the office etc.
- Group text - BBM allows multiple people to participate in a chat session
- Keyboard shortcuts - F to forward, R to reply and I to file etc. Makes management of email really fast
- Attachments - PDF and other documents are automatically converted to smaller formats and include an option to view text only
Recently I came across an industry article that also highlights some of the reasons to not give up on RIM just yet. Click here to read the full article.
Do you have your favourite list of smartphone features? Have you found a solution that makes you more efficient and productive? Send us a message if you wish to discuss mobile solutions or if you would like to share your experiences.
Leave a comment!
You must be logged in to post a comment.