Help Desk Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Help Desk technicians are responsible for remotely assisting end-users with various issues and troubleshooting/remediating desktop issues. This person is a good communicator and a person who can manage well when the client needs assistance. This person should be prompt and/or know the importance of communicating ETAs to clients. Most importantly, this person should be eager to learn while following prescribed procedures.
Position Responsibilities include:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft applications, Office 365 and operating systems.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Remote Desktop Services.
- Troubleshoot/remediate issues with patch installs
- Track to make sure patched machines come back online
- Configuration of standard POP, SMTP & Exchange clients including Outlook and mobile devices
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and customization of MS Office Suite applications per client’s preferences
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise Manage.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require system technician.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and troubleshooting Internet connectivity
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services & VPN
- Understanding of the relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
- Working knowledge of wireless technologies
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Credentials and Experience:
- College diploma in IT Infrastructure or Networking
- New hire with no industry certifications
- Eager to learn
- Takes direction from Technicians
Pay: Base + Bonuses