Reports to: Service Manager
Primary Technician is a strategic technical position within the organization. This position is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of client’s systems, coordinating complex projects, and implementing solutions. The Primary Technician is responsible for onsite service and support needs for our clients. In addition to strong technical aptitude, backed by at least 5 years of in the trenches experience, this person is a good communicator and a person who can manage well when the client needs guidance. This person should be prompt and/or know the importance of communicating ETAs to clients. This person should be skillful at pre-project planning. This person should then be able to execute with a high degree of success in integrating and/or solving problems in environments with Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, VPNs, firewalls, backups, Linux, UNIX and more.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for scoping, implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting client technology infrastructure including:
- Server Operating Systems (installation, configuration and troubleshooting of cloud, virtual and physical servers)
- Enterprise E-mail (Exchange, Office 365 and Outlook or mobile clients, POP, SMTP & Exchange connectors)
- Firewalls (Rules, unified threat management, user or site-to-site VPNs)
- Responsible for documentation of assigned clients
- Accessible as the primary source of technical information for assigned clients
- DAILY time entry accounting for at least 8.5 hours in the form of detailed notes in Service Tickets
- Occasionally required to work outside normal office hours to undertake routine maintenance or resolve problems
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise Manage.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced Knowledge of Firewall Technologies
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Server
- Advanced Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
- Solid understanding of and ability to configure TCP/IP subnetting and troubleshooting Internet connectivity
- Experience and understanding of VPN & Remote Desktop Services
- Understanding of the relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
- Understanding of networking services such as DNS, DHCP and VLANs
- Understanding of High Availability / Load Balancing solutions
- Ability to communicate with clients at all levels from IT personnel to CxO’s and to understand business issues in the context of IT issues
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Able to drive business across Professional and Managed Services
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and client-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
Credentials and Experience:
- College diploma in IT Infrastructure or Networking
- Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience
- Experience with
- Active Directory Support, Microsoft Windows and Windows Server Support, Microsoft Exchange Support
- Advanced Switching/VLAN/Routing/Firewall Support
- Mobile Technologies (InTune, ActiveSync) Support
- Server Hardware Technologies Support
- Data Backup and Recovery Support, Corporate Antivirus Support, VPN Connectivity Support
- Have multiple certifications, high skill level. The following certifications are preferred: MCSE/MCSA/MCITP, CompTIA A+, Network+
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle
Pay: Base + Bonuses
- Strong positive client feedback
- Strong participation in pre-sales activity, able to independently scope project requirements
- Recognized as an area expert
- Actively mentors technicians