Reports to: Service Manager
Professional Computer Management provides professional IT (Information Technology) consulting and high-quality support to small and mid-sized businesses in southern Ontario. We specialize in delivering proactive IT support and services to businesses with friendly, knowledgeable techs who will put you at ease and resolve your IT problems quickly and efficiently.
Office Administrator is a key front-office position responsible for reception and procurement, along with various other administrative duties. This person is a good communicator and a person who can manage well in a small office environment. Most importantly, this person should be eager to learn while following prescribed procedures.
- Greet and monitor the comings and goings of all employees and visitors
- Present a positive image of the company, internally and externally
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail and courier packages
- Manage the reception desk and all associated tasks, including answering the phone, ordering supplies and stocking kitchen inventory
- Closing service tickets (final check to ensure accurate entries and all tasks complete)
- Prepare purchase orders for products through ConnectWise and/or QuoteWerks
- Utilize QuoteWerks purchasing system and various distributor portals for procurement of products
- Return defective equipment to manufacturers and vendors for replacement or new purchase.
- Receive incoming and ship outgoing products.
- Utilize ConnectWise and company processes to record products received.
- Maintain product inventory in ConnectWise.
- Invoicing (product invoicing, agreement and month end invoicing)
- Assist accounting with monthly reconciliation of various vendor invoices
- Assist in processing employee time and expense reports.
- Assist in tracking employee vacation and sick time.
- Assist with the coordination of monthly staff meetings including the compilation and distribution of minutes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, help-oriented demeanor
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Process driven and attention to detail with skills needed to perform quality assurance checks on products.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Credentials and Experience:
- College diploma in Office Administration or similar program
- Eager to learn
Pay: Salary + group company benefits